mandag den 18. november 2013

NO MORE ENGLISH COURSES!!


16-11-2013:

First morning I am alone, and was too much wind. No birds on the nets today. I walked to the tip and after until the harbor to watch something more, but today wasn't a good day I think. Day to remind the wonderful english guys! I miss you!
The most interesting on the day I watched was a Purple Sandpiper and two White Wagtails by the beach, some Eiders, Long-tailed Ducks, Merganser...


The really good team from Gedser!

17-11-2013:

The day was marveleus. The weather was perfect, sunny and not windy. Later on the mornig Gert came and told me if I would like to go somewhere farther birdwatching, and I said of course YES!!! we went near Majbølle where we ate while we were watching Tufted ducks, Teals, Shovelers, Pochards, Greater Scaups, Goldeneyes, a Grey heron, a lot of swans and of course geese flying everywhere. Later to Rommes Nakke: some  Curlevs, PINTAILS  ( the most wonderful duck ever!), Tufted ducks, a lot of Wooper and Mute swans, one White-tailed eagle and more geese (White fronted, Grey, Barnacle and Bean). The last stop was in Fladet: Lapwins, Grey Geese and Golden plovers the mostly part of observations there. Some White-fronted goose looked very small....but that is it, just White-fronted. Thanks Gert for the nice afternoon we spent with your telescope!

I tried owls at night, couldn't be more perfect the conditions, but absolutly nothing!

Birds ringed during the day totaled 31 birds including:

Dunnock 1
Blackbird 1
Bluetit 1
Tree Sparrow 1
Chaffinch 1
Brambling 1
Siskin 20
Mealy Redpoll 2
Lesser Redpoll 3


18-11-2013:

The high nets are excelents! I opened the nets early in the morning and didn't look would be a good day to catch birds, but Redpolls began to come into the garden, so I played on the speakers and that was the reason I caught a lot of Redpolls. Gert came and could help me to process the birds much more faster. Hans and me took down already 4 nets I will not use the time I am here.

The most interesting things on the day  that I could see from the garden was a Red Kite flying around, flocks of geese ( white fronted goose the best one) and some Waxwings flew over and disappeared....:(((

Birds ringed during the day totaled 75 birds including:

Sparrowhawk 1
Robin 3
Blackbird 1
Fieldfare 1
Goldcrest 1
Goldfinch 1
Redpoll 3
Mealy Redpoll 56
Lesser Redpoll 7

Ingen kommentarer: