onsdag den 8. maj 2013

What specie of warbler are you?




When I picked up the first Acrocephalus warbler of the season, the initial impression that gave me it was a Marsh Warbler by the coloration. But once in the lab I have measured the wing-length and was rather less than the minimum belonging to Marsh Warbler.

So after see that maybe it was not neither a Reed Warbler for its coloration and some biometrics I have considered the option of being a Blyth's Reed Warbler. So after checking the biometric data offered by Svensson at passerine identification guide and to see that had pale tip of the bill  and a well marked supercilium above lores I have begun to believe that indeed it was a Blyth's Reed Warbler.

Then, I asked aid from Hans who also took biometric data and finally we determined as Blyth's Reed Warbler (Acrocephalus dumetorum).


This is the fifth capture here in Gedser, and it seems to be the earliest record in Denmark during spring season.

Apart from this bird we had 9 captures more from other 7 species.
Blackbird: 1
Lesser whitethroat: 1
Common whitethroat: 1
Blackcap: 1
Wood warbler: 1
Willow warbler: 3
Pied flycatcher: 1

Rubén

Ingen kommentarer: