tirsdag den 7. april 2015

50 bird day

The wind was stronger than the last couple of days and so this limited the number of nets that I could put up. Despite this, the flow of birds was steady throughout the morning, giving me a total of 42 new birds and 8 retraps. A good diversity of species too, with 12 different species ringed, including a new species for April - a Linnet. I had the pleasure of having the company of Benny and Hans for some of the morning - how Benny walks around in this temperature with open-toed sandals I have no idea - I'm still rugged up in all my winter gear. But I guess this just proves I'm Australian and not Danish!

The Linnet (Carduelis cannabina) ringed this morning

Breakdown 07/04/2015:
Wren (Gærdesmutte) - 1
Dunnock (Jernspurv) - 7
Robin (Rødhals) - 5
Blackbird (Solsort) - 4
Song Thrush (Sangdrossel) - 1
Goldcrest (Fuglekonge) - 14
Firecrest (Rødtoppet Fuglekonge) - 1
Blue Tit (Blåmejse) - 3
Starling (Stær) - 1
Chaffinch (Bogfinke) - 3
Greenfinch (Grønirisk) - 1
Linnet (Tornirisk) - 1
TOTAL = 42


Lizzy Joyce

Ingen kommentarer: