tirsdag den 7. juli 2015

Migration

Hello everybody!!!

Today has been a very common ringing day here in Gedser. No new species, but a lot of beautiful birds:

Jernspurv/ Dunnock 1
Solsort/ Blackbird 3
Gulbug/ Icterine warbler 3
Gærdesanger/ Lesser whitethroat 2
Tornsanger/ Common whitethroat 1
Havesanger/ Garden warbler 1
Munk/ Blackcap 2
Gransanger/ Chiffchaff  7
Tornirisk/ Linnet 4

Total_: 24 new birds of 9 species + 15 recaptures = 39 Birds!!!!! Great.

Today I have not been alone, I have a guest who is here just for seeing birds, and learning a lot of them. I ring alone, because he is so young (15 years old)  but, he is a good company :) Thanks Rasmus!!!

I would like to speak about migration because for me is a very beautiful and interesting thing. Lot of birds move every year from one part of the world to another, looking for the best weather for them. Since I´m here in Denmark, I see it a lot of times in mi ringings. For example, Munk (Sylvia atricapilla), is for me a winter bird!! In Spain you only can see them between October and February, more or less, but here, in Denmark, is a summer bird, they are breeding :) It´s veeeery interesting for me. Same case of the Phylloscopus collibyta (Chiffchaff).

Not only with ringings we can see the migration, of course. Only 10 minutes from me home, there is the "tip", at the southern most point of Denmark. Here, everyday, you see a lot of migrant birds starting their travel :) Every day I see a lot of eiders flying over the sea, cormorants, swans...Thank you Louis for show me that wonderful place.

For finish my chronicle of today, I would like to say Thank you very much, or Tak!! to Gert, because he has showed Rasmus and I his biiiiig collection of butterflies. It´s really amazing!!!!!

More and better, tomorrow :)
Lyd.

Ingen kommentarer: