onsdag den 27. februar 2013

Retur til GFU

Gert and Luis after a good day's work!
Yesterday I return to GFU, from Portugal, after almost 15 hours of travel.
Everything is different from last time I was here (in June). Anyway, despite the few hours I spent here yesterday I still have saw one new species to me (Cygnus cygnus),   aand see others that I have saw very few times. It is always an good opportunity to learn some new things and to train others.
Today with Gert and Hans, we start to put some of the mist nets for the standard ringing. The nets were open for a while and one Robin (Erithacus rubeculas) and Blackbird (Turdus merula) were retrapped.
Luis with the first bird of the year, a Blackbird retrap.

Tomorrow I will open the nets, just to see if I am lucky guy.

LPS
Photos: HLI

Ingen kommentarer: