tirsdag den 4. juni 2013

A new foreign ring.

The day was similar than yesterday but with less amount of birds, for today 70. Like yesterday the most ringed bird of day has been the Willow warbler with 38. Among all the birds there was one with a foreign ring: this time from Portugal (I hope they aren’t always ringing upside downJ)
And it seems that is the first control of Portuguese bird here at GFU. Also add, that Hans told me yesterday that one of the Nightjars has been recaptured at Sicily.

And here there is a picture of another bird that I had this morning and that is the first of season.


Common Redstart: 3
Whinchat: 1
Reed Warbler: 1
Marsh Warbler: 1
Icterine Warbler: 6
Lesser Whitethroat: 1
Common Whitethroat: 3
Garden warbler: 5
Blackcap: 2
Chiffchaff: 1
Willow Warbler: 38
Pied Flycatcher: 4
Great Tit: 1
Jay: 1
Goldfinch: 1
Linnet: 1

Rubén

2 kommentarer:

LPS sagde ...

Hello Ruben
Most of the ringers in Portugal put the rings upside down, but there is no oficial rule.
By the way, can you tell me ring number so check if it is ringed by someone I know?

Luis

Gedser Fuglestation sagde ...

Hello Luis
I didn’t know that was the usual I thought that was an exception, anyway I put ring in left leg that is unusual here... The ring nº is 084830, it was shinny so maybe is from this spring.Rubén