fredag den 4. november 2011

Wrong winds

The wind stopped any full attempt at ringing today as dawn broke, however I managed to get a few nets up late morning and caught a few birds.

4 Robins, 4 Goldcrest, 3 Sparrowhawk, 2 Redpoll (caberet and flammea) and a lone Blackbird.

As I was setting nets I flushed a Long-eared owl, later on I possibly flushed a different individual. Other sightings today include: a Serin (probably yesterday's bird), no fewer than 10 Red Kites, 25+ Rough-legged Buzzards, 25+ Sparrowhawk. There was also quite a movement of Yellowhammer and Bullfinch with at least 30 of each. The Bullfinches seem to be mixing with flocks of Chaffinch and Brambling. A juvenile Little gull was seen late afternoon.

I will try to catch Owls this evening. I'll update on this in tomorrow's post.


Craig Brookes

Ingen kommentarer: