tirsdag den 25. marts 2014

Jernspurvs again

A staggered start to the day with many of the nets frozen closed; it soon warmed up though and a profitable morning produced a good 65 new birds with 11 Chiffchaffs a nice influx (they had all moved through and disappeared after two hours).   26 more Dunnocks was a good spring total while Brambling and Goldfinch were the first to be ringed this year.



Chiffchaff, Goldfinch and Brambling from today
 
Away from the morning's ringing I'm struggling with much else to report really; a ringed Firecrest was still in the garden and a Curlew flew over.   In the afternoon I went for a walk round Kroghage nature reserve between the ferry port and the marina where the highlights were 17 Scaup on the pools with Tufted Ducks, my first Danish Butterfly - a Red Admiral and Canada Goose and Redshank were added to my new Danish list (its on 112 if anyone is vaguely interested!)

Scaup and Tufted Duck on the Kroghage pools showing why I never take pictures of birds in the field with my very small camera!

Ingen kommentarer: